|Subscribe to our YouTubeChannel||
The groundbreaking ceremony for the Phase II Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project and the Surat Metro Rail Project will be held by Prime Minister Narendra Modi via video conferencing at 10:30 am on Monday. On Saturday, the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) said the metro projects would provide the two cities in Gujarat with an environmentally-friendly mass rapid transit system.
Today is a landmark day for two of Gujarat’s leading urban centres. The Bhoomi Poojan of Surat Metro and Phase-2 of the Ahmedabad Metro would take place at 10:30 AM. https://t.co/4hs4EGm84p pic.twitter.com/tNEbgdCvmS
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) January 18, 2021
The Governor of Gujarat, the Home Minister of the Union, the Chief Minister of Gujarat, and the Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs of the Union will be present on the occasion.
Things you should know about metro projects in Ahmedabad, Surat
- With two corridors, the Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase-II is 28.25 km long.
- Corridor I, 22.8 km long, is from Motera Stadium to Mahatma Mandir, while corridor II, 5.4 km long, is from GNLU to GIFT City.
- The Phase-II project’s total completion cost is Rs 5,384 crore.
- The Surat Metro Rail Project has a length of 40.35 km and includes two corridors.
- The 21.61-km-long hallway-I runs from Sarthana to Dream City, and the 18.74-km-long hallway-II runs from Bhesan to Saroli.
- The project’s total completion cost is Rs 12,020 crore, the PMO said.