|Subscribe to our YouTubeChannel
On December 16, Vijay Diwas is celebrated every year to mark the triumph of India in liberating Bangladesh from Pakistan in 1971.
The Prime Minister, Chief of Defense Staff, and Chiefs of Tri-Service will lay a wreath and pay tribute to the fallen soldiers.
India-Pakistan War 50th Anniversary Celebrations: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will light ‘Swarnim Vijay Mashaal’ today at the National War Memorial (NWM) in Delhi and kickstart the India-Pakistan War 50th Anniversary Celebrations, the Ministry of Defense said. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will be received by Prime Minister Modi at the venue. The Prime Minister, the Chief of Staff of Defense, and the Chiefs of Tri-Service will lay a wreath and pay tribute to the fallen soldiers.
1971 में आज ही के दिन भारतीय सेना ने अपने अदम्य साहस और पराक्रम से मानवीय स्वतंत्रता के सार्वभौमिक मूल्यों की रक्षा करते हुए विश्व मानचित्र पर एक ऐतिहासिक बदलाव किया।
इतिहास में स्वर्ण अक्षरों से अंकित यह शौर्यगाथा हर भारतीय को गौरवान्वित करती रहेगी।
विजय दिवस की शुभकामनाएं। pic.twitter.com/8mMdDn4Nse
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) December 16, 2020
— ANI (@ANI) December 16, 2020
- On that occasion, the Prime Minister will light the ‘Swarnim Vijay Mashaal’ from the eternal NWM flame.
- From the Eternal Flame of NWM, Four Victory Mashaals (flames) will be lit.
- These Mashaals will be carried to various parts of the country, including the villages of the 1971 War Awardees of Param Vir Chakra and Mahavir Chakra.
- Soil is brought to the NWM from the villages of these award-winners and from areas where major battles were fought in 1971.
- Various commemorative events will be held throughout India where ‘Veterans and Veer Naris’ war will be celebrated and events such as band displays, seminars, exhibitions, displays of equipment, film festivals, conclaves, and adventure events are planned.
- Minister of State Defense Shripad Yesso Naik and other senior civil and military officials of the Ministry of Defense will also be present at the event.
- Vijay Diwas is celebrated every year on 16 December to mark India’s triumph in liberating Bangladesh from Pakistan in 1971.
- In an official release on Tuesday, the Ministry said In December 1971, the Indian Armed Forces won a decisive and historic victory over the Pakistan Army, which led to the creation of a nation-Bangladesh and also led to the world’s largest military deportation after the Second World War.
- From 16 December, the nation will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the India-Pak War, also known as ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh.’ Various memorial events are planned across the nation.”